Through a historic agreement between the Innu and Inuit of Labrador, together with PAL Airlines, Air Borealis is an airline all can take great pride in. As a company, we have a deep respect and connection to the community, to the environment, and to the people of the North. And we take our corporate responsibility to provide sustainable air transportation, and the highest level of customer service, to heart.
Air Borealis is currently seeking qualified applicants for an Accountant position to work with our accounting department in St. John’s, NL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements;
- Balance sheet reconciliations and analysis;
- Assist with daily, monthly and yearly forecasting;
- Tracking and analysis of various statistics;
- Assist with weekly management report;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget;
- Assist with the timely and accurate completion of the year-end audit;
- Liaison with Treasury to ensure accurate and timely completion of invoices;
- Other related duties as required.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role;
- Graduate from a University program with a Bachelors’ degree;
- Enrollment in, or eligibility for enrollment in, the Charter Professional Accountant (CPA) program (employer is an approved CPA training office);
- Must demonstrate flexibility, strong commitment to meeting deadlines, and solid decision-making skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Superior analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Effective time management skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic (Great Plains) is considered a benefit;
- The ability to work in a team environment and contribute to the success of the group is vital in this role.
Qualified individuals for this position should apply online now or send their resumes to the Human Resources Department referencing “Accountant”.
Human Resources Department Air Borealis Hangar #1, St. John’s International Airport P.O. Box 29030 St. John’s, NL A1A 5B5 Fax: 709-576-1802
Air Borealis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted