At PAL Airlines we are dedicated to providing air travelers with reliable, on-time performance, an enjoyable travel experience, and most importantly, Service with a Smile. Our success is due to our people, and we’re looking for more great people to join our team. If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment, have a love for travel, enjoy meeting with people and take pride and ownership in what you do, then you’re the person we are looking for!
PAL Airlines is currently seeking qualified applicants for a SMS Manager position in St. John’s, NL.
- Manage the SMS Program as per the approved SMS Manual;
- Ensure all identified safety issues are classified for hazard and risk;
- Assist in the determination of root cause(s) of all hazards, incidents and accidents identified through the SMS program;
- Review and verify all safety reports for closure;
- Chair and participate in SMS meetings;
- In conjunction with the SMS Core team, assess changes to the SMS program and provide input from a regulatory standpoint;
- Assist in the development of safety objectives and goals;
- Promote safety through the SMS Program;
- Participate in accident and incident investigations as part of the SMS Core Team;
- Utilize collected data in SMS Pro to monitor safety trends for use in the risk management process;
- Make recommendations for improvements within the SMS.
- 3-5 years’ aviation experience in an operational or safety role
- Regulatory experience (preferably in aviation)
- Experience in SMS Programs
Qualified individuals for this position should apply online now or send their resumes to the Human Resources Department referencing “SMS Manager”.
Human Resources Department PAL Airlines Hangar #1, St. John’s International Airport P.O. Box 29030 St. John’s, NL A1A 5B5 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
PAL Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.