At PAL Airlines we are dedicated to providing air travelers with reliable, on-time performance, an enjoyable travel experience, and most importantly, service with a smile. Our success is due to our people, and we’re looking for more great people to join our team. If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment, have a love for travel, enjoy meeting with people and take pride and ownership in what you do, then you’re the person we are looking for!
PAL Airlines is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team in St. John’s, NL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of accurate monthly and quarterly financial statements;
- Monthly variance analysis for management review;
- Balance sheet and income statement analysis;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual divisional budget and with the timely and accurate completion of the year-end audit, including the preparation of year end working paper files;
- Preparation of operational reports as well as analysis;
- Liaise with divisional managers on a regular basis;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role;
- Graduate from a University program with a Bachelors’ degree, plus a professional accounting designation (i.e. CPA, CA, CMA, CGA), or significant progression toward completion of a designation;
- Must demonstrate flexibility, strong commitment to meeting deadlines, and solid decision-making skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Superior analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Effective time management skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic (Great Plains) is considered a benefit;
- The ability to work in a team environment and contribute to the success of the group is vital in this role.
Interested candidates may send their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department referencing “Senior Accountant”.Human Resources Department PAL Airlines Hangar #1, St. John’s International Airport P.O. Box 29030 St. John’s, NL A1A 5B5 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
PAL Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.