Ramp Attendants/Cargo Agents
Through a historic agreement between the Innu and Inuit of Labrador, together with PAL Airlines, Air Borealis is an airline all can take great pride in. As a company, we have a deep respect and connection to the community, to the environment, and to the people of the North. And we take our corporate responsibility to provide sustainable air transportation, and the highest level of customer service, to heart.
Air Borealis is currently seeking qualified applicants for Ramp Attendant/Cargo Agent positions in Goose Bay, NL.Job Duties:
- To load/unload all PAL Airlines/Charter/contracted aircraft in accordance with the loading/unloading instructions contained within the Ground Handling manual;
- Ensure appropriate equipment is available to facilitate the offloading and loading of passengers and cargo;
- Complete the daily inspection of all ground handling equipment;
- Maintain the occurrence log on a daily basis annotating all relevant information regarding aircraft delays, equipment serviceability etc.;
- Comply with the relevant Health and Safety policies;
- Communicate with customers to determine needs;
- Process cargo for shipping and perform pick-up and delivery of cargo as required;
- Perform general office duties as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including picking up shifts on short notice for additional flights, charters and vacation/sick leave coverage;
- Must have a clean certificate of conduct and be able to obtain Transport Canada Security Clearance;
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean Driver's Abstract;
- Ability to lift weight handling up to 50lbs;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Ability to work with others.
Air Borealis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.