At PAL Airlines we are dedicated to providing air travelers with reliable, on-time performance, an enjoyable travel experience, and most importantly, Service with a Smile. Our success is due to our people, and we’re looking for more great people to join our team. If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment, have a love for travel, enjoy meeting with people and take pride and ownership in what you do, then you’re the person we are looking for!
PAL Airlines is currently seeking a Divisional Controller to join our team in St. John’s, NL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage accounting department for PAL Airlines, PAL Aviation Services and Innu Mikun Airlines, including but not limited to:
- Core accounting;
- Financial planning & strategy;
- Risk management;
- Team leadership;
- Manage the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements;
- Manage and mentor the accounting team;
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls and working to identify opportunities for process improvement;
- Preparation of annual budgets and key performance indicators (KPIs);
- Assist and lead various business plans and proposals for business expansion;
- Oversee weekly financial and operational reports;
- Coordinate divisional annual audit with external auditors;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Professional accounting designation;
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience, preferably in a large, multi-divisional manufacturing organization;
- Extensive experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning, and asset management;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Experience with Great Plains software would be an asset.
Interested candidates may send their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department referencing “Divisional Controller”.
Hangar #1, St. John’s International Airport P.O. Box 29030 St. John’s, NL A1A 5B5 E-Mail: email@example.com
PAL Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.