Corporate Project Manager - IT
If you are a motivated, energetic and challenge driven individual who is eager to succeed then imagine a career with us. Supporting both PAL Aerospace and PAL Airlines we are looking for a Corporate Project Manager, located in our St. John’s NL office, to act as the primary point-person responsible for planning, executing, and delivering corporate projects on time, within budget, and in accordance to specifications. We are looking for a team player and a PM who can roll up their sleeves. The Corporate Project Manager must have a strong background in project management, excellent communication skills, demonstrated financial management skills and the ability to drive project to completion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the entire lifecycle of PAL’s special project portfolio, ranging from strategic planning initiatives to tactical activities
- Ensure efficient delivery of quality project deliverables
- Establish a project plan for each approved project, defining the project’s goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables
- Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success
- With a focus on Analytics, report on project health and suggest ways to optimize outcome
- Ensure clear communication of expectations and project status to stakeholders and senior management
- Establish, implement, and follow a formal change management program
- Adhere to established methodologies for project management
- Produce regular reports on the progress of projects and adherence to budgets,
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associated work, creating contingency plans to mitigate risk
- Conduct project post-mortems in order to identify areas for improvement and make recommendations based on findings
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business, Engineering or a related subject. An advanced degree is strongly preferred
- A minimum of (5) years of direct work experience in project management preferred,
- Project management certification preferred,
- Experience with large, diverse IT Project and system rollouts is preferred,
- Experience working internal stakeholders of a diverse background preferred,
- Demonstrated results oriented approach to projects
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods
- Ability to assess corporate climate, socio-economic factors, trends, and other criteria to determine chances of project success
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolution skills
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of staff, including technical, professional, and upper management.
- Strong knowledge of financial management, technology management, and internal controls.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to create and edit project documents, materials, and presentations.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
Hangar #1, St. John’s International Airport P.O. Box 29030 St. John’s, NL A1A 5B5 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org